- Find a wise ass who will explain to you the basics of wind and kite behaviour. They are everywhere and they are all " competent". If you can't find one... don't worry they will find you ;)
- Find yourself some kite slaves to help you with landing and starting the kite if necessary and retrieving the board if lost in the water.
- Get in the water keeping the kite high above your head where it doesn't pull.Play with it a little bit just to get the feeling of it. You can do some body dragging by making bigger turns with the kite forcing it to enter deeper into the wind window.
- Lay on your back keeping the kite at 12 o'clock above your head and put the kiteboard on your feet. (or make one of your kiteslaves help you with that)If your front leg is the left one turn the kite slightly to the right and then make a sharp turn to the left steering it right through the center of the power zone and... there you go kitesurfing!!!
...or not exactly. :) Don't loose hope! Keep your legs slightly bent (especially the rear one)After a few more attempts you'll manage to stand up on the board with a big grin on your face.
- Once you've managed to stand on the board park the kite in the power zone and enjoy your ride!If there is no enough wind you can work the kite up and down through the power zone in order to generate more power.
- Don't forget to throw your kiteslaves a bone!Otherwise next time you need their help they won't be so enthusiastic
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Lesson 1 : How To Start Kitesurfing
To start kiting you just need to: